The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, started and supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to pull in astoundingly profoundly energetic aspirants for seeking after fundamental science courses and research profession in science.
The main aim of the program is to recognize students with ability and fitness for look into; enable them to understand their academic potential; urge them to take up examine professions in Science, and guarantee the development of the best Scientific Minds for innovative work in the nation. The commercial for the KVPY Fellowship shows up in all the national dailies typically on the Technology Day (May 11) and the Second Sunday of July consistently.
Selection of the contenders is produced using those concentrate in XI standard to first year of any undergrad Program in Basic Sciences to be specific B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology having aptitude for scientific research. Extraordinary gatherings/Committees are set up at IISc to screen the applications and lead a fitness test at different centres in the nation.
In view of the execution in the fitness test, short-listed applicants are required a meeting which is the last phase of the choice strategy. For accepting an association, both inclination test and meeting marks are considered. Generous fellowships are given up to the pre-Ph.D. level to the chose KVPY Fellows.
KVPY Exam Dates
Here are the important details for all those candidates who applied for Scholarship.
|Application Form Availability||16th July 2017|
|Application Form Availability Last Date||23rd August 2017|
|Form Submission Last Date||Last week of August 2017|
|Admit Card Released||First week of October 2017|
|Date of Exam||5th November 2017|
|Result Declaration date||First week of December 2017|
KVPY Registration 2017
The notification for KVPY is distributed in all driving national daily papers as a rule on the Technology Day (May 11) and the second Sunday of July every year. Students can apply online for KVPY 2017 on the KVPY official site.
Steps for filling the KVPY 2017 Application Form
There are four fundamental steps to complete your KVPY application effectively. Go through the steps given below.
- Visit the KVPY Official Website kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- Tap on the ‘Online Application for KVPY 2017’ tab.
- Press on the ‘Click here for Registration’ tab.
- Enter your details like Name, Date of Birth, Presently examining in class, Stream, Nationality, Citizenship, E-mail id, Mobile Number for Registration.
- Click on the “Submit” tab.
- Upon successful enrollment you will get your ‘User Id’ and “Password” on the enlisted E-mail Id and Mobile Number.
- Note down the User Id and Password for future reference
Step 2: Log in and Fill the KVPY Application Form
- Login with your ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’.
- Enter your personal, academic particulars, and exam centre preference.
- Upload Scanned Photograph, Signature, and Caste/Disability Certificate.
- Review every one of the details before presenting the application form. To audit the application frame tap on the ‘Review Application’ tab.
- Tap on the “Submit” tab.
Step 3: Fee Payment
- You have to Re-login with your ‘Client Id’ and “Watchword” for charge installment.
- Select the installment mode i.e. Visa/Debit Card/Net Banking or the Offline (Challan) mode.
- In the wake of paying the charge, tap on the “Submit” button.
- A message saying ‘your application is under investigation’ will be shown over the Application Form.
Step 4: Check the Application Status
- Following two days, hopefuls need to sign in again with same “User ID” and “Password” to check the status of the application.
- A message will be shown over the application saying ‘Your application is effectively submitted’ or ‘Your application has been affirmed’.
- Take a printout of the submitted application shape for future reference.
- Competitors ought to be Indian Citizens.
- For Stream SA, competitors need to finish their tenth class with Science and Mathematics subjects. They need to secure no less than 80% marks (70% imprints for SC/ST/PWD) total in the qualifying examination.
- For Stream SX, competitors need to pass tenth class with least 80% marks (70% for SC/ST/PWD) in total in Mathematics and Science subjects. Competitors likewise need to qualify the 10+2 examination with Science subjects and secure no less than 60% score (half for SC/ST/PWD classification) in total.
For Stream SB, applicants need to finish their 10+2 examination and get least 60% marks (half checks for SC/ST/PWD) in total in Science Subjects. Applicants additionally need to pass their first year last examination and secure no less than 60% marks.
The KVPY 2017 Syllabus contains Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects. There is no recommended syllabus for the placement test. The syllabus will contain the points of the Class tenth/11th/12th/first year of B. Sc/B. Detail./BS/B. Math./Int. M. Sc/MS. Applicants can check the KVPY 2017 Stream-wise syllabus from the tables given underneath:
Stream SA Syllabus:
||Magnetic Effects of Current, Sources of Energy, Reflection, Refraction, Electromagnetic Induction, Applications in Daily Life, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Physical World and Measurement, Gravitation, Thermodynamics.|
|Chemistry||Chemical Reactions, Metals and Non-Metals, Periodic Classification of Elements, Carbon Compounds, Acids, Bases and Salts, Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Thermodynamics, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties, Environmental Chemistry.|
|Mathematics||Real Number, Polynomials, Geometry, Introduction to Trigonometry, Statistics, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Surface Areas & Volumes, Coordinate Geometry, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometric Functions.|
||Control and Coordination in Animals and Plants, Heredity and Evolution, Reproduction, Life Processes, Our Environment, Plant Physiology, Diversity of Living Organisms, Cell: Structure and Function, Human Physiology.|
Stream SX Syllabus:
||Reflection of Light, Electromagnetic Induction, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Sources of Energy, Physical World and Measurement, Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Refraction, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Magnetic Effects of Current.|
|Chemistry||Surface Chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Metals and Non-Metals, Carbon compounds, Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Reactions, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Isolation of Elements, Periodic Classification of Elements.|
||Coordinate Geometry, Mathematical Reasoning, Real Number, Polynomials, Introduction to Trigonometry, Surface Areas & Volumes, Statistics, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometric Functions, Geometry, Linear Programming, Vectors and 3-D Geometry, Calculus, Relations and Functions.|
||Cell: Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Life processes, Plant Physiology, Diversity of Living Organisms, Reproduction, Human Physiology, Biology and Human Welfare, Control and Coordination in Animals and Plants, Ecology and Environment.|
Stream SB Syllabus:
||Electromagnetic Induction, Physical World and Measurement, Sources of Energy, Refraction, Applications in Daily Life, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Magnetic Effects of Current, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Reflection, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Waves & Optics, Electricity & Magnetism, Electrostatics, Thermal Physics .|
|Chemistry||Thermodynamics, Chemical Reactions, Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Periodic Classification of Elements, Carbon compounds, Acids, Bases and Salts, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties, Metals and Non-Metals, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Isolation of Elements, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Bonding, Chemistry of Noble Gases, Structure & Bonding, Alkenes, Cycloalkenes, Dienes and Alkynes .|
||Statistics, Surface Areas & Volumes, Vectors and 3-D Geometry, Calculus, Real Number, Polynomials, Geometry, Introduction to Trigonometry, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Coordinate Geometry, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometric Functions, Linear Programming, Relations and Functions., Analytical Geometry in Two Dimensions, Vector Algebra, Evaluation of Integrals|
||Life Processes, Human Physiology, Control and Coordination in Animals and Plants, Genetics and Evolution, Our Environment, Ecology and Environment, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Diversity of Living Organisms, Cell: Structure and Function, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology, Genetics.|
KVPY Scholarship Amount
The department offers two fellowship grants in basic sciences for students enrolled in different courses and year wise.
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB – During 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc. /B.S. / B. Stat. / B. Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000
|SA/SX/SB – During M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M. Math./M. Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
KVPY Admit Card
Students can download the Admit card for the fitness test from the site from the 2nd week of October 2017. The Hall Ticket will be accessible in the 2nd week of October 2017. The Admit card will convey subtle elements like Candidate’s Roll Number and Name, Exam Center, Exam Date and Timing, Examination related guidelines, and so forth.
Competitors can download their KVPY 2017 Admit Card by following the beneath specified strides.
- Visit the KVPY Official Website.
- Go through ‘Useful Links’ segment.
- Tap on the ‘KVPY Admit Card Download’ tab.
- Enter your ‘Application No.’, Date of Birth and ‘Submit’.
- Click on the ‘Generate Admit Card’ tab.
- Your Call Letter will be shown on the screen.
- Download the Entry Card and take additional printouts for future reference.
It would be ideal if you take note of that without the concede card, no competitor will be permitted to enter the examination Centre.
KVPY Selection Procedure
KVPY Selection Procedure 2017 will comprise of two phases i.e. a Aptitude test and Interview. To get shortlisted for the KVYP grant, students need to qualify both the phases of KVPY Selection method.
1. Aptitude Test: After investigation of utilization structures and meeting the qualification criteria for different streams, every single qualified understudy will be called for aptitude test directed both in Hindi and English at various centres the nation over on Sunday, the 5th November 2017.
2. Interview: Based on the execution in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be approached to show up for a interview which is the last phase of the selection method.
KVPY Result 2017 will be declared through online mode in the 3rd week of December 2017. The applicants will have the capacity to check KVPY Marks List through the official site of KVPY. The exam leading specialist will discharge the aftereffect of fitness test exclusively for KVPY-SA, KVPY-SB and KVPY-SX streams. The qualified hopefuls need to show up for the following round i.e. the KVPY meet for the final selection for partnership. In light of hopeful’s score in inclination test and meeting, last legitimacy rundown will be readied. For justify list computation, 75% weightage will be given to the fitness test and 25% weightage to meet.
The KVPY Merit List will be readied classification shrewd and stream-wise. Students can check the KVPY last outcome in the April month. The last outcome will bear the names of the applicants will’s identity chose for KVPY grant. To check the score sheet, hopefuls need to sign in utilizing their application number and DOB.
Steps to Check KVPY 2017 Result
§ Visit the official site.
§ Sign in utilizing your Application Number and Date of Birth.
§ Tap on the connection for checking KVPY 2017 Result.
§ Take printouts for future reference.
Re-Evaluation of KVPY 2017 Result
Competitors who are not happy with their outcome can ask for the re-Evaluation of OMR answer sheet. Applicants who wish to apply for the re-assessment of OMR answer sheet need to pay Rs. 1000/ – by means of interest draft attracted support of the Registrar, IISc, Bangalore – 12, payable at Bangalore. Request draft and covering letter should come to the beneath said address inside the predefined time:
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY),
Indian Institute of Science,
Click Here For KVPY Scholarship 2017