ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) a Maharatna Company under the aegis of Government of India is putting forth 1000 grants to exemplary monetarily in reverse general and OBC understudies worth Rs. 48,000/ – each. Out of the aggregate number of grants half are saved for young lady competitors. ONGC Scholarship is interested in every single Indian understudy seeking after four years Engineering, MBBS and two years aces course in Business Administration and two years Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics.
Students can easily present their application frames at the very latest the end date. The last date to present the online for is October 2017. The board of trustees is welcoming on the web applications from skilled and SC/ST applicants Pursuing Professional Courses in Engineering, Medical Stream and Masters Degree Course in Business Administration, Geology and Geophysics
- 1 ONGC Scholarship
- 2 ONGC Scholarships Stream wise Distribution Of Numbers
- 3 Zone Wise Distribution of Numbers of ONGC Scholarships
- 4 Eligibility Criteria of ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students
- 5 Selection Procedure for ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students
- 6 ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students For SC/ST
ONGC offers grants to worthy monetarily in reverse General/OBC Category/SC/ST contenders. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation understudies and 500* Scholarship worth Rs.48000/ – per annum every SC/ST competitors in different courses
The grant will be given to understudies seeking after courses in Engineering, Medical and also Two years ace courses in business organization, geography and geophysics. 50 percent of these grants are saved for young ladies candidates.
ONGC has welcomed application from SC and ST classification, the application procedure has been begun, the hopefuls can download the application shape by following the connection given beneath on this page. Competitors are encouraged to present their applications previously the due date. Last date to present the grant frame for ONGC Scholarship is October 17th.
Amid pre-autonomy, the Assam Oil Company in the North-Eastern and Attock Oil organization in North-Western piece of unified India were the main oil organizations creating oil in the nation. The real piece of Indian sedimentary bowls was considered to be unfit for improvement of oil and gas assets.
After freedom, the Government understood the significance of oil and gas for fast modern advancement and its key part in safeguard. Thus, while confining the Industrial Policy Statement of 1948, the improvement of the hydrocarbon business in the nation was thought to be of most extreme need.
Until 1955, private oil organizations mostly did investigation of hydrocarbon assets of India. Assam Oil Company was delivering oil at Digboi, Assam (found in 1889) and the Oil India Ltd. (a half joint wander between Government of India and Burmah Oil Company) was occupied with creating two fields Naharkatiya and Moran in Assam. In West Bengal, the Indo-Stanvac Petroleum extend (a joint wander between Government of India and Standard Vacuum Oil Company of USA) was occupied with investigation work. The huge sedimentary tract in different parts of India and abutting seaward remained to a great extent unexplored.
Today, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC) is, the pioneer in Exploration and Production (E&P) exercises in India contributing 72 for each penny to India’s aggregate creation of unrefined petroleum and 48 for each penny of flammable gas. ONGC’s journey for vitality goes further than setting new benchmarks in profound water penetrating in the Krishna Godavari Basin or finding new outskirts of vitality. Worldwide decrease in unrefined costs in any case, we have taken huge venture choices steadily and forcefully, turning around the generation incline in seaward. And, now we are wandering into more profound seaward plays in our mission for vitality security. It is this trip has put us among Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” and positioned us third in the E&P business all inclusive on the Platts top 250 Rankings 2014.
ONGC Scholarships Stream wise Distribution Of Numbers
|S.NO||Stream||Duration of the Course||Total No of Scholarships||Qualifying Examination||Minimum Eligibility Marks in Qualifying Exam||Scholarship Amount Per Month|
|1||Graduate in Engineering||4 Years||600||10+2||60%||Rs.4000/-|
|3||Maters in Geology/ Geophysics||2 Years||200||Graduation||60% Average Marks of All Years||Rs.4000/-|
|4||MBA||2 Years||100||Graduation||60% Average Marks of All Years||Rs.4000/-|
|*50 % Scholarships Are Reserved For Girl Students|
Zone Wise Distribution of Numbers of ONGC Scholarships
|Zone||Zone-1 (North)||Zone -2(West)||Zone -3 (North East)||Zone-4 (East)||Zone-5 (South)|
|States & Union Territory
|J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal
|Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|No. of Scholarships||200
Eligibility Criteria of ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students
The scholarships are open for students considering in India and for Indian nationals as it were.
- Applicant ought to be having a place with monetarily in reverse general and OBC classifications seeking after 1st year of Graduate in Engineering or MBBS course or first year of Master’s Degree in Geography/Geophysics or MBA. The grant plot might be permissible just to pursuing full time customary courses affirmed by the required statutory expert that is, for example, UGC/MCI/AICTE and so forth.
- Aspirants seeking after four years Engineering/MBBS courses/Two years Masters courses in Business Organization and Two years Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics are just qualified.
- Competitor ought to have acquired least 60% marks or proportional CGPA/OGPA in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. So also 60% marks (normal signs of the considerable number of years) or proportional CGPA/OGPA are important in graduation for P.G. Courses that is, Geography/Geophysics/MBA. If there should arise an occurrence of CGPA/OGPA, change declaration from the School/University must be given. Where the College/University confirm that they don’t have any such change strategy/recipe, the proportion of CGPA/OGPA will be changed over in to Percentage.
- The particular zone for understudy should be chosen the premise of contender was considering for the qualifying examination (i.e. twelfth class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) regardless of the habitation of the aspirant.
- The gross joint family salary of the understudy should not surpass Rs.2.00 Lakhs (Rupees Two Lakhs) every year from all sources. Salary endorsement must be issued from the Competent District Income Authority not beneath the rank of Tehsildar. Translated duplicate of Income declaration is required on the off chance that the issued testament is not in Hindi or English and ought to be appropriately ensured by the legal expert.
- The age furthest reaches of the candidate is most extreme 30 years as on 1st September 2016 for the scholarly session.
- The hopefuls ought not profiting or expect to benefit some other money related help/grant help/ scholarship from whatever other source.
- The final List of the grant recipients might be posted on site www.ongcindia.com by the end of December.
- The honor of the grant might not present any privilege of work with ONGC gathering of organizations or its joint endeavors.
Selection Procedure for ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students
a. Selection of the competitor will be made on the premise of Merit in the qualifying examination endorsed for each qualified course of study. If there should be an occurrence of students having rise to rate in the qualifying examination, applicants with bring down family wage should be chosen.
b. Inclination will be given to understudies from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. Different students might be viewed as just if adequate quantities of contenders from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families satisfying the qualification criteria are not accessible.
ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students For SC/ST
Scholarships are for thinks about embraced in India, and for Indian nationals only. Selection of the Company with respect to choice will be last. No correspondence on the Selection procedure will be engaged.
Determination of hopefuls will be made on the premise of their execution in the class XII if there should arise an occurrence of admission to Engineering and MBBS courses and Graduation in the event of post graduation courses in Geology, Geophysics and MBA.
Distribution of ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students
- The grant will cover singular amount measure of Rs. 4000/ – every month, i.e. Rs. 48,000/ – per annum.
- The sum should be paid on yearly premise after fulfillment of the academic year. The measure of scholarship will be kept straightforwardly in the ledger of the student through ECS office. It is obligatory to top off the ECS design and get it confirmed by the Bank expert. Additionally, PAN card would be mandatorily required before arrival of grant sum. Competitors may apply and acquire their PAN cards on need.
- Once granted the scholarship should be proceeded with consistently till the culmination of the course subject to advancement of the candidate to the following year of his/her course. Scheme should be ceased if the applicant is not elevated to one year from now by their individual Institute/ School/University. For continuation of the grant, the applicant should send an ‘Application for recharging’ in the recommended organize. The aspirant might need to sign on to www.ongcindia.com for applying on the web for the reestablishment procedure.
- On the off chance that the contender settles on any unique grant accordingly after honor of ONGC Scholarship. He/ She ought to need to discount the whole scheme total got from ONGC.
How To Apply for ONGC Scholarships For Indian Students
- The applicant satisfying the above criteria may apply Online on ONGC’s site www.ongcindia.com (under CSR segment)
- Date of begin of online applications: 1st September 2017
- Last date for online application: 10th October 2017
- Properly finished application form (application printout got after culmination of on the web enlistment process) confirmed by Head/Principal/Dean of the Institute/College/University, along with every supporting report (properly confirmed by Head/Principal/Dean of the Institute where the applicant is contemplating) must be gotten by post at the very latest 31.10.2016, as given below:
- Mark sheet of qualifying exam (obligatory)
- CGPA to rate transformation endorsement issued by University/College/Institute (wherever appropriate)
- Income statement (compulsory)
- Caste statement (wherever material)
- BPL statement (wherever material)
- ECS command shape appropriately affirmed by Bank expert alongside drop check/photocopy of front page of Bank pass book (mandatory)
- PAN card [PAN card would be required necessarily before arrival of grant sum. Applicants may apply and acquire their PAN cards in like manner on priority.]
- Aadhaar card [Aadhaar card would be required necessarily before arrival of grant sum. Aspirants may apply and acquire their Aadhaar cards as needs be on priority]
Competitors must express “ONGC Scholarship For Economically Backward General and, OBC Category Students” on the envelope. Application frames with all supporting records should be sent to beneath address:-
Post Box No-2091
Tamil Nadu (INDIA)
Incomplete/Delayed applications are obligated to be rejected
Click Here For ONGC Scholarship For Indian Students