Post-Matric Scholarship For Students Belonging To The Minority Community:
The Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Program for the Welfare of Minorities was reported in June, 2006. It gives that a post-matric grant conspire for worthy understudies from minority groups would be executed.
- 1 Post-Matric Scholarship Objective
- 2 Post-Matric Scholarship Scope
- 3 Post-Matric Scholarship Qualification
- 3.1 Post-Matric Scholarship Distribution
- 3.2 Earmarking For Girl Students
- 3.3 Selection Procedure of Post-Matric Scholarship
- 3.4 Duration of Post-Matric Scholarship
- 3.5 Rate of Post-Matric Scholarship
- 3.6 Conditions For Post-Matric Scholarship:
- 3.7 List of Courses Covered under Post-Matric Scholarship:
- 3.8 Administrative Expenses for Post-Matric Scholarship:
- 3.9 Renewal of Post-Matric Scholarship:
- 3.10 Procedure for Applying for Post-Matric Scholarship:
- 3.11 Important Dates of Post-Matric Scholarship
Post-Matric Scholarship Objective
The Objective of the plan is to grant grants to exemplary students having a place to financially weaker segments of minority group to give them better open doors for advanced education, increment their rate of achievement in advanced education and improve their employability.
Post-Matric Scholarship Scope
The scholarship is to be granted for thinks about in India in a legislature or private higher secondary school/school/college, including such private foundations of the Government and qualified private establishments chose and told in a straightforward way by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will likewise cover specialized and professional courses in Industrial Training Institutes/Industrial Training Centers partnered with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level.
Post-Matric Scholarship Qualification
Scheme will be granted to the applicants who have secured not less than 50% marks or, on the other hand proportional review in the past definite examination and the yearly salary of whose guardians/watchman from all sources does not surpass Rs.2.00 lakh.
Post-Matric Scholarship Distribution
Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been informed as minority groups under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. The circulation of grant among the States/Union Territories will be made on the premise of populace of the above advised minorities in the States/Union Territories of Census 2001.
Earmarking For Girl Students
30% of grant will be reserved for girl students. In the event that adequate number of qualified young lady understudies are not accessible, at that point the adjust reserved grants might be granted to qualified boy aspirants.
Selection Procedure of Post-Matric Scholarship
Not at all like grant for SC and ST, there are a settled number of grants for minorities is little and constrained. Applicants from BPL families, having the least wage should be given inclination in the climbing request. The recharging applications would be completely depleted before the new applications are considered.
Duration of Post-Matric Scholarship
Scholarship will be accommodated the whole course. In any case, support recompense will be given for a period not surpassing 10 months just in a scholastic year.
Rate of Post-Matric Scholarship
Actual Finance Assistance help will be accommodated confirmation and course/educational cost expense and maintenance allowance as given underneath subject to a maximum ceiling showed against thing concerned:
|Sl. No.||Item||Hosteller *||Day scholar|
|Admission and tuition fee for Classes XI and XII.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.
|2||Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level. (Includes fees/charge for raw materials, etc.)||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.|
|3||Admission and tuition fee for under- graduate, post graduate.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.3,000 p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling Rs.3,000 p.a.
|Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year (Includes expenses for study material, etc.)|
|(i) Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of his level.||Rs.380 p.m.||Rs.230 p.m.|
|(ii)Courses other than technical and. professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level
|Rs.570 p.m||Rs.300 p.m.|
|(iii) M. Phil and Ph.D. (For those researchers who are not awarded any fellowship by university or any other authority)
|Rs.1200 p.m.||Rs.550 p.m.|
|Class/ Age||Class 11 & 12, UG, PG, M.Phil, Ph.D, Diploma Students|
|Details||· The income of parents from all sources must not exceed INR of 2,00,000.
· The scheme covers those students who have secured at least a 50% marks in the previous examination.
· The student must be from the notified minority community in India that is Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis)
Students not eligible for Post Matric MOMA Scholarship
· Student availing some other scholarship from other sources for the same purpose.
· Not more than two members of same family is entitled to the scholarship.
About National Scholarship Portal:
National Scholarships Portal is one-stop arrangement through which different administrations beginning from student application, application receipt, preparing, authorize and disbursal of different grants to Students is empowered. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
National Scholarships Portal is one-stop arrangement through which different administrations beginning from understudy application, application receipt, handling, endorse and disbursal of different grants to Students are empowered. This activity goes for giving a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent “SMART” System for speedier and compelling transfer of Scholarships applications and conveyance of assets straightforwardly into recipients account with no leakages.
The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan aims at giving regular electronic entryway to actualizing different Scholarships plans propelled by Union Government, State Government and Union Territories the nation over.
- Guarantee auspicious payment of Scholarships to contenders
- Give a typical entrance to different Scholarships plans of Central and State Governments
- Make a straightforward database of researchers
- Keep away from duplication in handling
- Harmonization of various Scholarships plans and standards
- Use of Direct Benefit Transfer
1 Simplified process for the aspirants
o All scholarships data accessible under one umbrella
o Single coordinated application for all schemes
2 Improved Transparency
o System proposes the plans for which an understudy is qualified
o Duplicates can be diminished to the most extreme degree
3 Helps in Standardization
o Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level
o Scholarship Processing
4 Serves in as a choice emotionally supportive network (DSS) for Ministries and offices as avant-garde data will be accessible on request.
5 Comprehensive MIS System to encourage checking each phase of Scholarships conveyance i.e. from student enlistment to delivery of funds.
Conditions For Post-Matric Scholarship:
- Scholarship will be granted to the candidates who have secured not less than 50% marks or proportional review in the past conclusive examination and the yearly salary of whose guardians/parents from all sources does not surpass Rs.2.00 lakh. Not at all like grant for SC and ST, there are a settled number of grants for minorities and thus inclination for choice has been laid down. Contenders from BPL families, having the most reduced salary might be given inclination in the climbing request. The recharging applications would be completely depleted before the new applications are considered.
- The honor will be ceased if an student neglects to secure 50% marks or comparable review in the past conclusive examination. Scholarship won’t be granted for more than the ordinary time frame taken to acquire Endorsement/Degree/M. Phil Degree/ Doctorate Degree.
- Scholarships won’t be given to more than two applicants in a family.
- The aspirants ought to be standard in participation for which the measuring stick will be chosen by the skillful expert of the school/university/college.
- Migration of contenders starting with one Institution then onto the next would not ordinarily be permitted over the span of the scholarly year with the exception of under extraordinary conditions and in light of a legitimate concern for the candidates scholarly profession.
- If an student damages whatever other term and state of the grant, the scheme might be suspended or scratched off. The State Government/Union Region Administration can likewise straightforwardly wipe out the honor if appropriately fulfilled of the reasons of infringement of these directions representing the plan.
- If an applicant is found to have acquired a grant by false articulation/testaments, his/her grant will be wiped out forthwith and the measure of the grant paid should be recuperated, at the circumspection of the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration.
- Course charge/educational cost expense and upkeep remittance will be attributed straightforwardly to the applicants financial balance.
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration will keep up a different record and records identifying with the assets got from the Ministry and they will be subjected to investigation by the officers of the Ministry or whatever other organization assigned by the Ministry.
- The aspirant acquiring benefits under this grant conspire should not be permitted to profit of advantages under whatever other grant plot actualized by State Government/UT Administration, for a similar reason.
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration might constitute a Panel of the divisions executing such grant plans to guarantee that the understudies from the minority group, who may likewise have a place with SC/ST/OBC class, does not benefit grant from different hotspots for the same reason and benefit just from one source
- The store for conveyance of grants in ensuing years will be discharged in the wake of accepting the use endorsement for the earlier year.
- The plan will be assessed at customary interims by the Ministry or some other office assigned by the Ministry and the cost of the assessment study will be borne by the Ministry under the arrangement of the plan.
- The State/Union Territory should put every single applicable detail of monetary and physical accomplishments on their site.
- The controls can be changed whenever at the carefulness of the Government of India.
- The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will be in charge of preparing and examining the applications put together by the contenders (according to the work process selected) and send the proposition of qualified competitors online to this Ministry for endorse of the grants according to courses of events.
List of Courses Covered under Post-Matric Scholarship:
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Graduation|
|Arts, Science & Commerce|
|2||Bachelor of Human Resource Development||UG|
|3||Bachelor of Rural Studies||UG|
|4||Bachelor of Social Works||UG|
Administrative Expenses for Post-Matric Scholarship:
As the extent of information to be entered and handled would be gigantic as the conspire gets actualized throughout the years, there would be a need to draw in qualified talented faculty ideal from the earliest starting point to guarantee that the information based mechanized frameworks are operational.
Qualified talented faculty having imperative ability to work Computer program intended for this reason, enter, process, investigate, screen, recover and exchange information ought to be locked in on contract premise according to require. Information gave by the States/Union Territories will be kept up and overseen by the Ministry with work force of comparable skill to be locked in on contract premise.
An arrangement not surpassing 2% of the aggregate spending will be made to meet the managerial and partnered costs that is, use of the States/Union Territories and the Service for office types of gear including PCs and adornments, furniture, printing of application frames, ads, engagement of work force, and so on. This arrangement will likewise be utilized for assessment and checking of the plan, through outside rumored organizations/offices drew in by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India and, the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations.
Renewal of Post-Matric Scholarship:
The scheme, once granted, might be renewed during the following scholastic year of the course on the generation of testament that the applicant has secured 50% marks in the examination.
Announcement of Scheme:
The plan will be declared by the concerned State Government/Union Domain Administration well in time, through notices in the leading language daily papers and local dailies and by utilizing other appropriate reputation media.
Pattern of Financial Assistance:
100% financing will be given by the Central Government to the State Government/Union Territory Administration.
Monitoring and Transparency:
The States/Union Territories executing the plan should screen the money related also, physical execution of the plan at the State/Union Territory level. For this reason, an IT empowered checking system might be set up. The State/Union Territory will be required to outfit quarterly monetary and physical advance reports to the Service. The State/Union Territory should keep up year-wise points of interest of the applicants accepting grant, showing school/college/institution, area of school/college/Institute, government or private, class, gender and new or restoration. The States/Union Territories might put significant physical and monetary subtle elements in their authority site.
The observing of the budgetary and physical execution of the plan will be assessed by allocating assessment/affect concentrates to presumed organizations/offices by the Service of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
Procedure for Applying for Post-Matric Scholarship:
(i) The plan is actualized through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is obligatory for all understudies to apply online on the site of this Ministry i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
(ii) The list of archives to be examined and transferred for both Fresh and Renewal Grants as under:
a) Student Photo (Mandatory).
b) Institution Verification Form (Mandatory).
c) Self announcement of Income Certificate by the student (Mandatory).
d) Self announcement of group by the understudy (Mandatory).
e) If there should be an occurrence of Fresh: Self Attested Certificate of ‘Past Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form (Mandatory).
f) If there should arise an occurrence of Renewal: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Mark sheet as filled in the Form (Mandatory).
g) Fee Receipt of current course year (Mandatory).
h) Proof of Bank Account for the sake of contender (Mandatory).
i) Aadhaar Card (Optional).
j) Residential Certificate (Mandatory).
Important Dates of Post-Matric Scholarship
|Dates for Fresh Application||Dates for Renewal
|Submission of Online Application||1 June 2017 to 31 August 2017||1 June 2017 to 31 July 2017|
|Scrutiny of Application by Institute||November 2017||November 2017|
|Scrutiny of Application by State/UT||November 2017||December 2017|
|Final List of students selected||November 2017||December 2017|
Address of Post-Matric Scholarship
The application should be sent to the given address below.
The Section Officer,
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme,
Concerned State/ Union Territory’s Education department
In the event that if send a propelled duplicate of endorsed application then it must be finished in all perspectives. An utilized individual ought to forward their application through appropriate channel.
The application must be filled in with bold and capital letters. The application shape should be went with all the imperative records and its related papers from the concerned experts. The archives ought to be verified and pinned all together as specified in the official notice.
Click Here For Post Matric Scholarship For Minorities